Saturday, September 28, 2013

Random updates

Oh boy it's been busy and it's FALL and wow...so many things to share!

 
Lucy is slowly moving out of the preschool room and into the "Olders" room in preparation for her 4 year old birthday.  She's gotten a taste of the olders and is looking forward to being back with her friends Ari and Thekla, though she'll miss JoJo quite a bit.  She is learning her letters and pretends to read to her babies while she's at home.  Sometimes I hear her say to the cat or dog, "Oh honey...let me help you."

 
Ruby's been in 1st grade a couple of weeks now and finally adjusting to it.  She had a very hard time the first week or so. Poor kid was exhausted and a complete basketcase for a few days. Logically, I understand this -- 2 classes, 2 languages, all new rules -- but it was rough for a few days, there.  Thank god for my posse.  At any rate, she's doing well and I'll be glad to get to talk with her teachers in a few weeks. 
 
A couple of Ruby gems of late:
 
She loves to hear stories about grown-ups and their childhood and I frequently get requests like, "Tell me a story about when you were scared. With snakes." or "Tell me a story about when your imagination ran away with you."  When I have told her stories where I was misunderstood something she says, "That is just like when I used to think that Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga were in love!"  I have no idea where she heard of those two but I love that she's made the connection and that she has some "When I was little.." stories to share.  The other was a few days ago while at the Andersons.  The kids were playing and Ruby came running up to me in full tattle-tale mode, an upset look on her face and requesting intervention. "Mommy!  Ari says bananas don't make you crazy!!  And the DO! Monkeys are crazy!"  Poor Monica and I had to really hold in the laughter to address her feelings of injustice that someone disagreed with her theory.

 
The girls are really into superheroes still which is fun.  I adore this pic of Lucy in her princess fairy dress and Hulk mask.
 

This weekend, we were fortunate to get a visit from my dear cousin, Geneva and 4 month old Baby Jasper.  Lucy was kind enough to give up her favorite car seat to him and both girls loved snuggling this sweet boy.


I love how he's staring at her face....

 
And not to be missed, Ruby lost her 3rd tooth this week!  Now she's got a jack-o-lantern smile and lisp. Not for long, the big one is already making its way out!
 
That's it for now.  We are really looking forward to fall and the holidays!
xo

1 comment:

punims said...

that was such fun to read, thanks for the updates!