Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ruby's Birthday Party

I had a couple of little tiny get-togethers for Ruby's birthday.  One small one with just the family with baby cupcakes on the Sunday before and then a small slumber party later in February when I'd  had a chance to catch my breath.  Ruby invited the two neighborhood pals, Kayla and Ari, as well as Sofia (a strategical move on my part - Ruby adores her and I knew she'd love helping me :-))  Also, Grandma Genie was in town so that was a nice help as well.

Ruby requested "PRINCESSES!" and really, is anyone surprised?  So, I got crafty and tried to make the living room very royal.

The entrance to the castle

The cake table
Snacks

The princess upon entering
The girls all got some fake princess-y hair
And we decorated crowns.  Here's Ari with hers.
And Sofia.  Every slumber party should have a Sofia.

All in all, it was so very smooth.  They played, ate and played some more.  Ending with a viewing of Mulan and they were all asleep by 9:15.  5 girls happy as can be.  Ruby's still talking about it, which if you know Ruby, that means it made an impression!

No comments: