Saturday, June 4, 2011

In Which We Survive the Plague & Lucy Astounds

We had a fabulous weekend of playing the yard and enjoying the company of many of our friends, big and small. Then, we were hit (well, Ruby specifically) with the plague. Monday morning at 2am, Ruby woke up vomiting and continued to vomit every 1-2 hours until Monday night. Poor sweet monkey. She was so sad.... When I handed her the bucket, she said, "No thanks. I'll just hold my puke in." By Tuesday she had gotten better, the fever broke and she was feeling more chipper but then...it began on the other end. Luckily, on Wednesday, she was able to stay with Kayla who was suffering the same malady since I am now officially out of sick leave. She was back to school on Thursday, just in time for the monthly bookmobile visit! Phew! Anyway, it was a bit of an ordeal and by Monday night, I was exhausted especially with the expectation of the night ahead. I was amused to hear her tell her dad, "Mommy gave me a pot to puke in." That's right sweet girl. We may be broke but we've got a pot to puke in!

Lucy went to school both days which was a huge relief because it meant only a few hours of keeping her away from Ruby. She sobs every time which is a little heartbreaking but I know she has a wonderful time there. Thankfully, Dara was able to help me with getting her there and picking her up so I didn't have to transport Ruby anywhere.

Lucy has had an explosion of words and it's delightful to watch her try to form the sounds. Shoe sounds like "Shhhh!" she also says "banana," "caca," "pipi," "MINE!" "more," "Ruby," (sounds like "moomy," "Mommy!" and my personal favorite, "Meow!" It's also hilarious because when you ask her a question, she will nod her head. She does a couple of signs, "all done" and "more" but she doesn't really quite do them correctly so I like to think she's got a bit of an ASL accent. Lucy also loves to help. She likes to feed the cats and knows right where her jacket goes when it's time to leave the house. She's also obsessed with buckles and will puzzle over her high chair buckle until she gets it connected.

The great thing is watching Ruby and Lucy play together now. They make each other laugh so hard!

After a big blueberry eating session
West Side Ladies
Fun at the beach

No comments: