Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where We Are

We are adjusting to our new normal and, right now, I am just looking at "where we are" not where we've been or where we are going. It seems to be easier this way. The girls seem to be adjusting pretty well to our household's reduction from 4 to 3. Lucy, of course, is none the wiser but Ruby has made some observations, notably yesterday while I was making coffee and she said, "I brought my daddy coffee but he's not here now. Just my mommy." I assured her she can still bring him coffee and I won't mind if she brings me some too! She's an astute little girl, this one. They do get lots of daddy time which they thoroughly enjoy. Last weekend he took them to see their favorite local kid band, Recess Monkey and they've had many a park adventure as well. My wish is that this will be a mere blip in their little lives. They are fortunate little girls to have a mommy and daddy that love them dearly, not to mention countless grandparents, aunties and uncles and little friends! Ruby loves to help out around the house. She is very good about making sure the kitties are fed and loves to help with the laundry and the dishes. She was so proud of herself yesterday for cleaning the lint trap and putting the wet clothes in the dryer! Her daddy got her a microphone and she loves to sing and sing and sing into it. We've witnessed many a concert here at our house! Hopefully, the Bieber Fever won't hit us and we can stick with the Beatles and Recess Monkey! Lucy gets stronger every day and I won't be surprised if she is full-on crawling in a week or two. She is now imitating our facial gestures as well as our vocalizations. And I can't even tell you how much she loves watching Ruby -- you can see her brain taking notes of everything! I said she got some more hair -here's a picture with her first pony tail!:
We are looking forward to the weekend for some sunny adventures!

No comments: