Wednesday, August 11, 2010

We Are In For It Now!

Dear Lucy woke up at 4:30am today. "Ugh!" I groaned, wondering just what the hell she was doing up so early. She was getting increasingly frantic and when I got to her room, I found her on her hands and knees, rocking and crying. So, I put her back down on her back, gave her the chupa chup and her baby, covered her up and left the room. Within minutes she was back to the rocking. So...after about 30 minutes of this routine, I finally decided it might be time for an early breakfast. I gave her a bottle and hoped for sleep. Once she'd polished off the bottle, she was back at it for another 30 minutes before she FINALLY fell back to sleep. By that time, I had 30 minutes before my alarm went off so I got up, made a pot of strong coffee and got in the shower. Makes for a tired, tired mama. Here's hoping that this will be a short-lived nighttime happening!

No comments: