Thursday, December 30, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
- Jack talking about Mary and Jesus going to "Buffalo Ham." We think that might be near Pennsylvania?
- Ruby and Jack playing with the nativity and the Rapunzel Barbie. Rapunzel let down her long hair for the Three Wise Men to climb up into the lamp.
- Lucy burying her face into Lis, Amy's golden retriever
- Lucy toddling over to everyone with her hands held out, begging to be snuggled.
- Hearing the kids sing Jingle Bells & Frosty in the car
- Ruby telling me, "Today is a day of good," on Christmas day.
- Ruby telling me this morning, "I'm a lucky girl. So's Lucy. So are you!" She's right on all counts.
Ruby and Carden decorated Christmas trees! And then...oh then...a special package arrived from Uncle Jay and Ruby was Over. The. Moon. Here she is playing with her super special, super pink, super princess-y vanity/piano. Composing songs of lace, diamonds and big hair....
We also had an early surprise visit from Santa leading up to Christmas. He came and put up Christmas lights on our house so he could find us on Christmas Eve! Ruby was thrilled that he had come early and left such a nice surprise! I had to do a little detective work to figure out who our Santa's helper was :-) More to come....
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Me: What else?
...now I need to rethink this whole Christmas gift thing.
Same trip with Ruby asking questions about EVERYTHING i.e. "why are there sidewalks?" "What if there were no trees?":
Ruby: Why do we have hands?
Me: Well, they are very useful. Our hands help us dress, eat and do other things. How do you think you would eat if you didn't have hands.
Ruby is silent for a moment and then gravely says: "No cheese."
So there you have it. We must all be thankful that we have hands and can eat cheese. Merry Christmas to all!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Today, on our way home from crafty time, Ruby sang this song: "Cars! Cars have wheels. The wheels make the cars go. If they didn't have wheels they'd just be chairs. There's a boat. It's not in the water. It's behind a car." Pretty much a song about being on the road. Someone needs to put this on an album. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
After we got home from Idaho, we went swimming with our friend, Jane who was kind enough to be our second set of hands. SO fun! Lucy about went out of her mind, she loved the water so much. She kept splashing and laughing and giggling everytime the water hit her in the face. Ruby, on the other, hand, needs swim lessons again because she was terrified the entire time and never let go of my neck. Funny how things change!