Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rubyisms

Christmas is just around the corner and Ruby is really getting into it. It's so fun! We had a fun and delicious dinner with our friends Matt, Danette and Hank (mmm...Indian!) and then went and looked at Christmas lights. Ruby loved singing Jingle Bells and pointing out "Frosting the Snowman." Ruby's got a few other little sayings that she's been throwing about lately. A while back we were driving home and I said that we were going home to have some dinner and she said, "Let's go straight to the eat!" We've investigated but have no idea where she picked this up but we love it!

Last week, Kathy asked Ruby how she spells her name. Ruby replied, "YMCA!"

Her new favorite word (by her own admission) is "buttocks" which she got from Joel, who's 4. I try not to laugh and encourage it..but it's funny so I am not successful. Especially when, last week, my doctor said hi to her and she replied in a faux British accent, "Hallo Buttocks!" I figure if that's the worst word she says, we're doing ok!

Ruby also likes to play the "Don't you kiss me!" game where we tell her not to kiss us and she runs at us saying, "I'm going to kiss you!" It doesn't sound all that fun written down but it sure is fun in practice!

In baby news -- I'll find out tomorrow if Baby Miller has flipped herself over yet or not. I've had two acupuncture treatments and today, I went to a chiropractor who adjusted my hips. I've never been to a chiropractor before and she was much more woo-woo than the acupuncturist but I figured, why not give it a shot? We'll see how this goes...stay tuned.

No comments: