Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Tale of Two Rubys

A couple of weeks ago, we went to a birthday party for a little girl named Ruby J. Ruby J's parents are friends of my friend Laurel (who I have known for literally 35 years) and her husband Dwayne. Laurel connected Renee (Ruby J's mom) and I via Facebook (how 21st century!) and invited us to Ruby's 2nd birthday. We had a wonderful time and we all got along like gangbusters. It was especially fun to see Ruby L and Ruby J together. Admittedly, Ruby L was a tad confused when people kept wishing Ruby happy birthday and when she kept asking if that was, "Ruby's present?" Well...yes and no... However, she did recover enough to have a ton of fun playing with Ruby J and eating no fewer than 5 cupcakes. That's my girl. We also found out that she calls cupcakes "hotcakes" or "happy birthday to mes" as in "More happy-birthday-to-me?"
Ruby L and Ruby J playing with a puzzle
Ruby J and Ruby L having some mac and cheese
This might be one of my favorite pictures of Ruby of all time. Note the blob of frosting on her forehead.

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

A-Freaking-dorable

Darlette said...

I'll bet somewhere in the not too distant past there is a picture of you with a big blob of icing on your very own forehead!:)