Monday, February 2, 2009

Come and Play....

Today started out kinda rough. I had terrible insomnia and was up at 3:30am so needless to say, I was feeling a little raw this morning. However, life being what it is and how it goes on regardless of how you're feeling, I had to pay the bills. (What's up with THAT?!?) Ruby wanted to help and even managed to figure out how to move the cursor with a mouse that wasn't connected to the computer and mess me up that way. Mama has to pay the bills, girl! She doesn't have time for your genius shenanigans! But then I thought, "Aha! I tivo'd Sesame Street!" and I sat her down and got a good 15 minutes to myself to get the bills paid while she learned about mail from Christopher Meloni (of Law & Order: SVU fame), learned some Spanish from Maria and watched Cookie Monster eat, what else, cookies. Perfect.

I LOVED Sesame Street as a kid and while the music and celebrity appearances have changed, the quality of the show has not. I did some youtube surfing and found this clip from when Mr Hooper died and I won't lie, it made me cry. I remember very vividly, finding out that he had died.

That is one great show.

1 comment: