Monday, November 10, 2008

Somebody's Got Opinions

It seems that Ruby has discovered that she has an opinion and she now exercises her right to use it. A few days ago I plopped a hat on her head which she immediately took off, all the while saying, "No! No!" and then she went and got a different hat and put it on. Ok then!

It's also apparent that she really really wants to communicate. She gets very frustrated when she is trying to convey something to me and I don't understand. On Saturday she was doing the 'no' thing while pushing and pulling me to try to get me to go somewhere I don't know and do I don't know what. At some point she either gave up or I stumbled onto the answer because she stopped making that sound - the one that only toddlers can make.

We had a nice little visit from my cousin, Suzanne and her friend Richard weekend before last when they were visiting from DC. I hadn't seen her in a very long time and it was the first time she met Ruby.

Now, my youngest brother is staying with us for a bit and Ruby is enjoying having her uncle around. She's even got his name down and it's cute as hell to hear her say "Harley!" Trust me on this.

We also helped celebrate the 1st birthday of our neighbor, Carden, which was really fun. When we ask Ruby where Carden is she says his name and points across the street and she gets really excited when we say we're going to see him.

Well, fall is upon us and so our the holidays. My goal is to keep it simple. We'll see how that goes. Happy fall to you and yours from all of us!

No comments: