Friday, August 8, 2008

Words Words Words

Ruby's vocabulary is increasing by the minute. She now says "down," "cheese," and "yummy." Not only that but it seems that "ca" now also means "take this," "give me that," "let me hold your hand" and "I want more." It's Ruby's own version of "aloha." I don't have any idea where that came from but it works! She also says "gato" though it sounds more like "dodo" but it's a start! Here she is in her room watching her dad work on our deck. She stood there for about 20 minutes....until she fell off of the potty. That's about all that thing is good for at the moment. Whatever interest she had in it earlier is gone so we are waiting for a comeback. Ruby's favorite new food is raisins (sorry Grandma Genie and you can thank Auntie Amy for introducing them to her!). Give her a little container of raisins and she happily munches on them. It's really freakin cute to watch too. The pictures don't quite capture it. But here's one from this afternoon: It also seems that Ruby is truly a librarian's daughter. Last week at story time, the kids were all pretty antsy. Combine that with the Blue Angels flying overhead and you have a pretty rowdy story time. Not that I mind that -- I just do things a little differently in that case. At any rate, I ditched the last book and was trying to get the kids' attention to sing our last song so we could get outside when I see Ruby, who is standing right in front of me, put her fingers to her lips and shushed! Oh if only that had been captured on video!

No comments: