Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things are a Changin'

Well, Ruby is anyway! We are in the throes of some major teething and it's been disruptive to say the least. She's been drooling up a storm...and when I say drooling, I mean it's a constant drip, a flow, an ocean of drool coming from her little bow mouth. The funniest is when she's just in a diaper and a drop of drool rolls over her fat little belly and she watches it with complete fascination... She's got one tooth coming in on the bottom that I can see poking up as well as another on the top that could be making an appearance any day. It's hard to see if there are any more since she's downright opposed to anyone looking in her mouth. All this teething is making sleep a challenge once again (Myth of motherhood #245: Once your baby sleeps through the night, they will always sleep through the night). She's been waking up 1-2 times a night and then wanting to start the day at 4:30am. Uh..yeah..I'm gonna have to ask you to start sleeping a little later. Her latest game is to hide behind the rocking chair in her room. There are a couple of blankets hanging on it, providing the perfect little hideout. She'll stand quietly there as you call, "Ruby! Where's Ruuuuby?" and then she will pop her head out and shout, "BO!" and laugh hysterically. She also likes to shout "GO!" after you count to three. She is really into books lately. She often brings me a book and then will turn around and try to nestle in my lap. Her current favorites are "Hello, Day!" byAnita Lobel and "Blue Hat, Green Hat" by Sandra Boynton, the latter of which makes her laugh whenever you say "oops!" The other book that I've been into reading to her is "Big Plans" by Bob Shea. This one makes me crack up and when I say "I've got big plans! Big plans I say!" that makes Ruby crack up. I've already signed her up for the Summer Reading Program at the library so she's well on her way to finishing her 10 books. Yah! Oh yeah..her other favorite activity is taking off her diaper. Seems we need to figure out some alternatives to that fun sounding velcro fastener! Well, that's the news for now. Below are a few photos of our superstar:

No comments: