Sunday, April 27, 2008

More Fun Stuff

Here's a video of Ruby eating with a spoon -- she's just picked this skill up in the last few weeks and now she really doesn't like anyone to feed her. Not now that she's a big girl! Oh boy...what a mess!

Her walking is getting more and more frequent and she is starting to opt for it over crawling more and more. She's added a new word to her list - "yeah." She says it in response to questions regardless of the question. "Do you want a banana?" "yeah." "Are you ready for bed?" "yeah." It's pretty funny hearing this seemingly grown-up word come out of her little mouth.

Ruby is also really snuggly these days. When I come home from work, she gives me a big hug and snuggles her head into my shoulder. What a sweet reward after a long day!

This weekend, she spent some time with Tía Monica while her dad played softball and her mom worked. They had a lovely time in the sunshine and even came to visit me at the library. She seems to have a bit of a cold which has made sleep somewhat disruptive the past few days. The spring weather has stymied it a bit too. One night, she was in bed with us and suddenly started crying so in my hazy sleep I was trying to figure out what was wrong. I felt her hair and it was all sweaty and so I unzipped her jammies half way and it was like I had let in heaven. She gave a satisfied "oh!" and fell backwards into me with her arms stretched out and went back to sleep. Looks like we need to get some springtime jammies!

Oh, the other thing Ruby is mastering is drinking from a cup. On Wednesday I gave her some tomato soup in her cup and she drank it up! Granted, as you can see from the pictures, she's a huge mess but it's so cute you can't help but laugh.

No comments: