Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Buh - Bye!

It's time to say au revoir to my friend Medela Pump-in-Style and this is one good-bye that I am not sad to make. She did her job well (though she did start slacking there towards the end, if you ask me!) though she was more like a co-worker than a friend-friend...you know, the one who you'd never want to spend a minute with outside of work but that you can get along with well enough for the sake of getting things done in the office. (not to be confused with the co-worker-turned-friend who you do enjoy spending time with outside the office and in fact would still hang out with even after you no longer work there - I'm talking about you Space Grant!) At any rate, after 9 1/2 months, I have given up the pump. I gave myself until Thanksgiving to tough it out and yesterday I was so excited to have only 2 days left of pumping I could hardly stand it. Then, I spent 45 minutes pumping (in sessions of 30 min and 15 min) and got nothing so I gave it up a day early. Yah! Freedom! The chains (or tubes) of pumping are no more! The happiness is bittersweet of course (as everything seems to be these days) because I know it also means that my days of breastfeeding are numbered..still...it's a good feeling in a lot of other ways. So good-by Ms Medela. Enjoy your time in the basement. Until next time...I bid you adieu.

3 comments:

Otto's Mommy said...

Congrats Lupine! I too said farewell to my Medela a couple weeks ago. The freezer supply is down to about five bags, so Otto will soon be getting formula any time we are apart. It is so nice not pumping! Enjoy!

Baby Mama said...

Congratulations Lupine! One less carry on for your trip!

Misha said...

Viva la liberation!