Monday, October 8, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Well, it's a sea of change for our little monkey. It's no wonder her sleep and eating patterns are all mixed up as she's got a lot going on! Though not as mobile as some of her boyfriends (I'm talking about you, Jack!), she is now trying to pull herself up onto things and holding herself steady. I also caught her rolling from her back to her stomach, which she's never done and when left sitting, she likes to flip herself onto her stomach and turn in a complete 360 (That's a 180, George). Her hand-eye coordination is getting really good and more cheerios end up in her mouth than the floor. Good progress and means less sweeping! Then there's the real news -- she's getting a tooth! Last night, there was nothing but today a little sharp ridge has popped up...literally overnight. I can't say yet how this is going to be for me nursing but it's an exciting milestone nonetheless. There was a part of me that wondered if perhaps she'd be the only kid in kindergarten with no teeth..... As far as solids go, she's eating all kinds of things now. I have been giving her little tastes of the things I am eating -- meatball, curry potatoes (not spicey) etc just to have her experience the flavors.The other day she had paella -- I just put it in the food grinder and she gobbled it up. Her favorite still seems to be carrots, sweet potato and mango. I try to mix it up though so she doesn't turn orange! The picture above features Ruby in her too cute sweater from her Great Aunt & Uncle in New York - thanks Aunt Anne and Uncle Steve! Well, it's late, she's finally asleep and it's time for me to catch up on last week's Gossip Girl, a show I hope will fill the void of 90210 (has it really been 7 years since it ended?) and the first season of The OC....only time and a few more episodes will tell.

No comments: