Sunday, September 2, 2007

A week of visits and funny stuff

Well, we just finished up with a lovely visit from Dustin's parents who came all the way from the East Coast to visit Ruby for the first time. She greatly enjoyed meeting Papa & Grandma Miller. She also enjoyed all of the fun outings with them and her dad while they were here. These included a trip to Pike Place Market, a Mariner's game (where they began their now 9 game losing streak) and a visit to the Museum of Flight which was way cool. Papa Norm was the official stroller driver and kept her moving on our travels and I really think she misses all of those cuddles from Grandma. Good thing we will be seeing them again in just a few months! Ruby's ability to get things into her mouth is growing and we now have to be extra careful about what we give her and what she can reach. Anything within range of her chubby little hands is fair game so it's a fun trick trying to stay ahead of her. She's quick! She's not had any forumula other than that one time since I have been off work for some extra days so we haven't needed to use it. I am sure she's going to be having some this week though as I don't have much milk saved up for Tuesday yet. However, I had to go buy a brand new can of the stuff because my cat is a scavenger. Sparrow somehow pried the lid off of the can of formula, picked up the scoop, carried it underneath the kitchen table and managed to get formula all over the table and the floor in the dining room. I am normally pretty relaxed about the cats getting into stuff but this is a little too much. I just don't think I can give Ruby formula that I know the cat dug through with her little snout. Oh I just know that cat wishes she had thumbs! Ruby also had her first pedicure today! Kathy and I went to our favorite little nail place and brought Ruby along with us. While our nails were drying, the owner of the place whipped out her clippers and clipped her toenails. Superstar! Well, it's back to the grind on Tuesday and then next week, we get a visit from Grandma Genie and Great-Grandma Bette! This is going to be a real treat!

No comments: