Sunday, April 22, 2007

What a Week!

Here's a pic of RubyTwoShoes in an outfit to do her grandaddy proud. They are a little big yet but I had to see how she looked in them. She just needs a little tiny engineer hat and she's ready to ride the rails.
This week we packed a lot in. Storytime on Monday and then Dustin took Tuesday off so we had a fun little day tooling around all together. Wednesday was our second to last day going to First Weeks. She'll be 12 weeks this week and then she graduates to Next Months for the 3-6 month crowd. Amazing. I cannot believe it's been 3 months already!
We have found a daycare that seems like it will be pretty good. After debating forever if we should go close to home or close to work, we settled on one that's in the middle of the two. She seems really nice, we liked the kids and her assistant and both Dustin and I had a good feeling about it. Plus she was one of the ones that works best with our work schedules. So, this is a relief. I guess. I don't know. It's going to be hard no matter what I think.
On Thursday, my friend Sarah and her baby, Cecilia, Ruby and I went to the Tulip Festival. Amazing it was. It was like a big carpet of tulips and the pictures don't do it justice. We had a really fun day overall. We hit La Conner for lunch and ate at a "Spanish" restaurant though to be fair, the only thing really Spanish about it was the paella (which was really really good) but it was a cute little place, reasonably priced and good service. After that, needing to feed the babes, we went around the corner to the most adorable little bakery with the most delicious cookies. The woman there was super nice and she had all of these vintage cookbooks and tea cups. It was really a place made for me. I kept thinking about the murder mysteries I like to read and how she'd be a perfect character in one of them. Baking cookies and solving mysteries..just like a Joanne Fluke book. After marveling at the tulips, we stopped off for an ice cream cone the size of my head and then we headed home. At 6 on the dot, Ruby woke from a sound sleep and began screaming. Screaming. So we pulled over in Shoreline and I pulled her from her seat and snuggled her for a bit. She calmed down but it was really the saddest little girl I'd seen. I think she had too much stimuli and then woke up in the car and she'd had enough! Poor munchkin. Thankfully, we got home after that fairly easily. But it really was a fun day!
The rest of the week was pretty uneventful mainly because I started getting sick Friday night. Mostly just a sore throat and headache which meant I cancelled all Saturday plans of going to Tacoma but it was nice to just sit on the couch and relax. Today is gorgeous and thanks to Dustin, I got to sleep in this morning so I think I am going to take Ruby outside and we can all work in the yard together. She's got to learn to weed sometime! Ha ha!

No comments: